So here’s some specifications you need to know about Apple’s latest gadget…
1) The iPad mini will be hitting shops on Friday November 2. That’s this Friday! Rumours that the new iPad would be called the ‘iPad Air’ or the ‘iPad Nano’ have been proven false – Apple have gone for the simple ‘iPad mini’.
2) Apple boss Tim Cook promised the pocket sized device was “not just a shrunken down iPad” but “an entirely new design”.He said: “You can hold it in one hand…”
3) The iPad mini is 7.2mm thin (“as thin as a pencil!” says Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing, Phil Schiller).
4) It weighs just 0.68lbs – that’s half the weight of an iPad (“as light as a pad of paper!”).
5) The iPad mini comes in black and white (“same colors as a zebra crossing!”).
6) It has a screen size of 7.9in on the diagonal (as opposed to 9.7in on the big iPad).
7) It has a resolution of 1024 x 768 so all existing iPad software is compatible.
8) The iPad mini range will start at £269 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model – that’s £130 less than the equivalent iPad costs. This pricing puts the Mini in direct competition with £159 rivals such as Amazon’s Kindle Fire and Google’s Nexus 7.
9) The iPad mini has a 5mp iSight camera and a HD FaceTime front side camera.
10) Its Wi-Fi is twice as fast as the big iPad, plus it has a dual core A5 chip and LTE download.
11) Oh yes it has a whooping 10 hours of battery life.So sorry iPad 2 users…
12) According to big-man Phil, Apple are “so far ahead of the competition I can’t even see them in the rear view mirror!”
13) Apple will come in for some flak for “responding to competitors instead of pioneering their own way”, according to Ovum’s principal analyst, Adam Leach. Then again, Apple would have been foolish not to fend off the competition – especially with the Christmas market just around the corner.
( Via Mirror News )